A U S T I N N I T U S
There is bold, creative experimental/noise/avant-jazz/improvisational music
in Austin (and Houston) (and elsewhere in Texas).
The Austinnitus newsletter has ended. From 1996 until 2009, Austinnitus sent out 328 email issues listing 1358
performances in Texas of an experimental, noise, difficult, avant-jazz, sound art, action performance nature. 37 artists were interviewed and about 30 exclusive .mp3s were made available for free download. The audio files are still available through the link below and there will be a few more amazing recordings added to the collection.
AUDIO SERIES FOR DOWNLOAD!
Exclusive .mp3 files you can download for FREE of a variety of experimental/noise/etc.
music in Texas!
LINKS and RESOURCES
Austin Performers — not a complete list!
Time Ensemble — improv/jazz ensemble
- Cory Allen — synthesizers & electronics
- Aunt’s Analog — Matt LaComette”s noise project
- Aurora Plastics
Company — noise from Anne Heller & friends
- Austin New Music
— composers and performers working together
- Book of Shadows— Carlton Crutcher, synthesizers, and Sharon Crutcher, vocals, + ...
- Laura Brackney — clarinet, piano, bicycle concerts, composition
— sound art, performance art, creative improv
from Josh Ronsen and friends
- Christina Carter — guitar, voice
- Henna Chou — cello, composition, etc.
- Chris Cogburn — drums, percussion, movement
- Alex Coke
— jazz saxophone and flute
- Brent Fariss — double-bass/electronics/composition
Curtain — electronic music & video from Rick Reed & Josh Ronsen
- Douglas Ferguson — guitar and electronics
Ensemble — creative improvised music meets modern composition
- Vanessa Gelvin — field recordings and installations
- Ghosts of Electricity — electronic project by Bradford Kinney
- Ingebrigt Hċker Flaten — double-bass, electric bass
- Deborah Hay —
- Greg Headley— guitar and electronics
- Imbroglio String
Quartet — James Alexander, Travis Weller, ? and ?
- Alex Keller— electronic/computer/mechanical music
- Leaf Chimes— free improvisation project
David McMillen — guitarist and multi-instrumentalist, formerly of
- François Minaux — flute
Reed — noise musician par excellence, founder of the Abrasion Ensemble,
Knob Jobs, Field, Ghost Time, Voltage Spooks & SIRSIT
- Colin Andrew Sheffield — electronic music
- Venison Whirled — (Lisa Cameron) feedback, electronics
- Travis Weller —
violin, electronics/computer, composition
Houston Performers — not a complete list!
Dallas/Fort Worth/San Antonio/Etc. Performers — not a complete
Photos • Videos • Audio
New audio series!
Free .mp3 downloads!
Look at our video section on You
Photos of events and performances
Interviews — Austinnitus interviewed some two
dozen local creative musicians and printed one in each issue. These interviews
be printed on paper or posted online sometime in the future should there ever be any interest in doing this.
Goodbye - these musicians used to live in Austin/Texas,
but now live elsewhere. We miss all of your contributions and want you back!
Susan Alcorn •
Olivia Block •
Jesse Canterbury • Ellen Fullman •
John Grzinich •
Sarah Hennies •
Steev Hise •
Holland Hopson •
Heather Leigh Murray •
Seth Nehil •
Michael Northam •
Glen Nuckolls •
Deena Odelle Hyatt •
Power Monster •
Primordial Undermind •
Carmen Resendez •
Vanessa Rossetto •
Damon Smith •
Bill Thompson •
Cecil Touchon •
Voice of Eye •
Genevieve Walsh •
last updated: 4 February 2017