a guide to Iancu Dumitrescu and Ana-Maria Avram
Ana-Maria Avram passed away in the summer of 2017. We miss and mourn her.
Iancu Dumitrescu and Ana-Maria Avram compose powerful modern music, exploring qualities of instrumental and electro-acoustic (acousmatic) sound through complex and rewarding scores and workshops.
Please email me with any updates, corrections, or additions.
Josh Ronsen / joshronsen (at) yahoo.com
last update on 19 July 2020
Avram and Dumitrescu have their own website, which details their activities as composers, as members of the Hyperion Esemble and publishers of Edition Modern.
- Interview with Avram in Bananafish 15
- Interview with Avram in Musicworks #76 (translated from the French by me!). Musicworks should soon post the revised French version of it. The old French version is here.
- Abstract to interview with Dumitrescu and Avram in Musicworks #71.
- Interview with Dumitrescu in Bananafish #12 that was originally published in French in Revue et Corgiee #29.
- Interview with Dumitrescu at
Perfect Sound Forever (this appeared in Resonance 6.1)
- Interview with Dumitrescu in French on the Edition Modern website. An English translation, translated by me, exisits.
- Interview with Dumitrescu and Avram in French here. An English translation, translated by me, exisits.
- Interview with Avram on the history of Romanian music in French here. How 'bout someone else translating this?
- 2006 video interview (excerpts) with Avram and Dumitrescu (in French)
- Interview with Dumitrescu in the Wire #308, October 2009
- Audio interview with Avram on WKCR radio, March 2016
Up-to-date discographies for Dumitrescu and Avram can be found on discogs.com.
There are many videos on Mireille Jacob YouTube channel.
These records can be ordered through Forced Exposure in
the USA. In Europe, ReR
(who have co-released 6 of the Editions Modern CD's) and V2_Archief
have these recordings. In Canada, Verge.
Iancu Dumitrescu / Ana-Maria Avram
16 Dr Draghiescu, Sect 5
idamahyp (at) clicknet.ro