issue 5 :: Spring, 1999
1. Whenever someone asks a question in response to a question, take a sip.
2. The first time an actor appears on screen who has been in another Hartley film, take a sip. If it’s Martin Donovan, take 2 sips. If it’s Hartley himself (or his wife), take a swig.
3. Whenever someone reads from a book, take a sip. Whenever someone quotes from a book, take two sips.
4. When someone repeats what another character says, take a sip.
5. When someone’s a-dancing, you’re a-drinking.
6. If a character drinks, so do you.
7. Whenever a weapon is drawn or taken out, take a sip. When someone is beaten, slapped, punched, brutalized, manhandled or taunted, take a sip.
8. A phone call from a pay phone equals one sip
9. I always need a drink when I see a cop...
10. make up your own rule here.
Since 1994, Monk Mink Pink Punk has published the words, ideas and visuals of the most interesting of creative artists and musicians, employing lengthy, in-depth interviews. There are never any advertisements to hamper or distract communication. If you have found this issue useful, please donate $1 or 1£ or 1€ to the address below. You will never find any annoying pop ups, distracting banner ads or blinking crap to ruin your life on this site. Now donate through Pay Pal: